Wake Forest Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is a caring, supportive, and loving community who seek to witness to Christ's love by:
- Welcoming all people into the church where we can worship God and grow spiritually through prayer, Bible study, fellowship, service, and discipleship.
- Reaching out both spiritually and physically to others, we seek to make a difference in our neighborhoods and the wider community, and the world.
The red Chalice with a white St. Andrew's Cross was chosen as a symbol of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in 1969. It reflects the importance of Communion as the heart of our worship. The cross is a reminder of the ministry of each person and the importance of sharing the Gospel of Christ, and recalls the denomination's Scottish Presbyterian ancestry.
The Core Values of the Disciples of Christ Denomination
- The Confession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- The Hospitality of the Lord's Supper, an open table for us all.
- The Ministry of all believers. Everyone is called to servant ministry.
- The Love of unity. Unity has been our special, recognized vocation as Disciples of Christ. While we cannot create unity among all Christians, we gratefully acknowledge it. We participate fully in ecumenical life and work.
- The justice of God. No one is less to God than any other. Men and women serve equally in ministry and positions of church leadership.